Sports Plus Summer Camp
Share with friends and family!
Welcome to Kenilworth
Sports Plus Summer Camp!
This Registration is for the Full 7 Week Camp
Regular Day: 9:00AM to 12:00PM
Extended Day: 9:00AM to 1:30PM
2nd Grade Through 6th Grade Campers
Please complete this registration based on the grade that your child/camper will enter as of September 2022
June 13th to July 29th
Townley Field, Kenilworth, IL. 60043
Please note that Sports Plus may not run if the COVID-19 pandemic worsens or if the governing agencies opt not to allow summer camp for younger ages. Parents will be notified immediately and refunded in full.
Thank you for choosing to spend your summer days with the Kenilworth Park District! We provide a nurturing and stimulating camp experience that your children will look forward to each day. Our camp counselors and professional staff approach every activity as an important step in the development of your children.
The Kenilworth Park District Sports Plus Camp is designed to:
- Improve the physical fitness and general well-being
- Teach new skills in a recreational atmosphere
- Provide an environment where socialization and creativity are encouraged
- Create a sense of achievement and individual worth in each camper with positive reinforcement
Helpful reminders to keep in mind every day.
- Campers must be picked up ON TIME each day. Please respect this guideline as many counselors and staff members have afternoon commitments.
- Please do NOT send your child to camp with toys or electronic devices. The Park District is NOT responsible for lost or stolen personal items.
- Please send a snack and a clearly labeled water bottle for your child daily. If they will be staying for the extended day option, please don’t forget to pack a lunch! We do NOT provide food for the campers during the summer.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen! Please bring extra sunscreen for your child!
Doors open at 8:50 AM each day. Should you have any questions, please contact the Kenilworth Park District at 847-251-1691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What to Wear to Camp
Please apply sunscreen at home before camp starts!
On water days, please send your child to camp with a bathing suit and towel. Please label all items with your child’s name. Send them with a bottle of sunscreen to re-apply! Staff is not responsible for your child not bringing sunscreen. Spray-on sunscreen is best.
Children MUST arrive in closed-toe shoes, preferably sneakers. This helps to prevent injuries.
What NOT to Bring
Please do not allow your child to bring toys or any items of monetary or sentimental value to camp. This includes electronics, trading cards, and water guns. The Kenilworth Park District is NOT responsible for loss, theft, or breakage of such items.
Parents who arrive late to pick up their children will be assessed a late fee of $10.00 for the first 15 minutes and an additional $1.00 for every minute thereafter. Late fees can be paid at the Kenilworth Park District Main Office at 410 Kenilworth Ave. Cash or checks made payable to the Kenilworth Park District are acceptable forms of payment.
Kenilworth Park District Refund Policy
If you have any questions regarding refunds, please call the Kenilworth Park District Main Office at 847-251-1691.
The Kenilworth Park District reserves the right to cancel, postpone, or combine classes, or change instructors. Insufficient enrollment may cause a class/program or event to be canceled. If this happens, registrants will be notified and given a full refund.
- Withdrawals 5 days prior to the start date of the program/event will receive a full refund.
- Withdrawals less than 5 days prior to the start date of the program/event will receive a refund less a 20% fee.
- Withdrawals requested for a class/program or event after it has begun will only be given in the event of an illness, injury, or relocation.
- Refund requests due to relocation must provide documentation as proof of imminent relocation.
- Refund requests due to illness or injury must provide Doctors’ documentation. Refunds will be prorated based on the date the medical documentation is received.
- The Kenilworth Park District will not issue refunds for classes that are canceled due to inclement weather, or other circumstances beyond the District’s control.
The Kenilworth Park District does not pro-rate camp fees for any reason. The Kenilworth Park District hires staff, purchase materials, and makes certain accommodations off of the total number of registrants for the camp. For that reason, the Kenilworth Park District will not pro-rate any camp fee for any reason. We apologize for the inconvenience.
On days that there is inclement weather, we may have to cancel the Sports Plus camp for the day. We, unfortunately, do not have an indoor space available to us this year.
Late Registration Starts June 3rd!
Campers will only be released to their parent/guardian/emergency contact. Campers will NOT be released to a person who is not included in this application for ANY reason. The Kenilworth Park District holds the safety of children as its number one priority. In the event that a participant should need to leave earlier than their scheduled time, the participant MUST be signed out by a Park District Staff Member for safety.
Kenilworth Park District Photography/Video Policy
Kenilworth Park District staff and contractors occasionally take photographs and videotapes of our programs for publicity purposes. By enrolling in a public program of, by or through the Park District, you give consent for such photos and videos of both participants and spectators. Please be aware that these photos may be used in program guides, brochures, news releases, the District’s website, social media or other promotions. If you do not wish to have an image of your participant or associated spectators used in such a way, please let the head of the particular program know and we will do our best to accommodate your request (but we cannot guarantee 100% non-usage)