In the busy, ever-changing worlds of our children, it’s important now more than ever, to give our children the tools they need to navigate their world, their minds – their thoughts and their emotions, whilst keeping them physically active, healthy, strong, calm and happy.
Teaching children to listen to their physical and emotional needs in a safe, non-judgmental environment is the best way for them to grow and develop through their lives, where they have the tools to address any mental health challenges.
YogiB yoga classes will lead our children through different yoga flows, introduce them to breathing and meditation, and encourage mindfulness, imagination and creativity. There will be age-appropriate, multi-sensory, fun activities using games, stories and crafts to teach children about their mind, their body and their feelings in a safe, playful and engaging environment.
Description of Classes
Each class, we’ll enjoy:
- Chanting, meditation and breathing exercises to promote mindfulness and teach tools for emotional regulation
- Fun yoga poses and sequences to build muscle strength, flexibility, coordination, balance, proprioception and confidence
- Games and activities, including group exercises, to promote teamwork work
- Mindful crafts, music and stories to develop focus and concentration, and nurture creativity and imagination
- Relaxation time to teach mindfulness and promote calmness.
Please bring a water bottle and an allergen-friendly snack, if wanted.
You can bring your own yoga mat, or borrow one from us.
Day and Time:
Tuesdays 2.15-3.15 pm (60 minutes)
Kenilworth Assembly Hall
Campers who have finished Sears School at 2:10 pm can walk over together to Kenilworth Assembly Hall to join our YogiB Yoga Classes for a 2:15 pm start.
Session 1 (7 weeks): September 13th to October 25th, 2022